“Accelerometers, the truth and more”
March 22nd 2018, 9.15am – 2pm
Sensor City is a Liverpool-based technical innovation centre and University Enterprise Zone, fostering the creation, development, production and promotion of cutting edge sensor technologies for use in a wide range of sectors.
As the only UK Manufacturer of Accelerometers in the Test & Measurement sector, DJB feels it is essential that we use our experience and knowledge to improve the understanding of correct accelerometer selection and use, as this forms the basis of any measurement and analysis strategy.
With over 40 years of experience from design through to manufacture, Information direct from the manufacturer will indeed give you the exact detail enabling you to utilise within your own set up to directly improve your data results.
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at existing accelerometer users, engineers, new users, specifiers and product designers from automotive, aerospace, industrial and sports science applications providing a refreshing view on how to avoid error, maintaining accurate data results.
The course covers a number of topics:
• Principles of operation - materials and the Piezoelectric
• Accelerometer types and selection - Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems as well as pros and cons of accelerometers.
• Importance of correct cable use - low noise or non low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, triboelectric noise, cable fixing, connectors and noise floor.
• Mounting methods and which to use - stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation and ground loops.
• Associated Instrumentation - Charge Amplifiers, IEPE Signal Conditioning and Data Acquisition
What are DJB known for?
• The only global accelerometer manufacturer using the DJB
Konic Shear design
• Continual future innovation through joint academic research programs and internal material developments.
• High temperature IEPE accelerometer solutions 185°C
• Engine, turbo & exhaust mount accelerometers to 900°C
• Micro-miniature single and triaxial accelerometers
• DC MEMS Range of accelerometers
• Associated instrumentation and inline signal conditioning
• Specialist Calibration and Cabling Facilities
• On-site, National & International Training events
Customer focus is at the heart of our business, proud to offer technical support to ensure peak performance with additional services and specialist facilities for calibration, cable assembly and repair all based on site to aid the longevity of the products whilst enabling engineers as and when they need it.
Sensor City Liverpool
31 Russell Street
We hope you can make the date and advise to book early to ensure a place.
Click here to book your place
Click here for the full list of training dates currently available