Two of the UK’s leading manufacturers of test and
measurement equipment have combined their training activities to offer
customers a complete solution overview from sensors to data acquisition and
analysis. A seamless integration covering the finer details to ensure all users
can maximise their data quality and improve their analysis using the correct
techniques for each application.
"Accelerometers through to Data Capture and Analysis...
The Complete Solution"
Where: Fareham, Nr. Portsmouth •
When: November 13th • Duration: 5 hours
DJB will kick start the days training covering all aspects
relating to accelerometers. Lunch and refreshments will be served with Prosig
then completing the day covering data capture and analysis.
• Principles of
operation – Piezoelectric effect, materials used
• Accelerometer types and correct selection – Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems, pros and cons.
• Importance of correct cable use - low noise or non-low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, tribo-electric noise, cable fixing, connectors,
• Mounting methods and which to use – stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation, ground loops
• Associated instrumentation – Charge amplifiers, IEPE voltage conditioning, data acquisition
What are the four fundamental questions of vibration, measurement and analysis?
Analogue Signals – How fast should we sample? What is frequency? How do we
quantify if the data
has been sampled adequately? What is aliasing?
• Time Domain Analysis - Signal classification, statistical description, moments & standardised moments.
• Frequency Domain Analysis – What's Fourier got to do with it? And Buzz Lightyear? Frequency aliasing and digital filtering.
• Angle Domain Analysis – Signal averaging, cyclic signals, DFT/FFT of angle/revolution data.
Cost: £100 including full course
Click here to book your place or to ask about on site training options