As the only UK Manufacturer of Accelerometers in the Test & Measurement sector, we feel it is essential that we use our experience and knowledge to improve the understanding of correct accelerometer selection and use, as this forms the basis of any measurement and analysis strategy.
We run training courses throughout the year at a number of regional venues including our factory HQ in Mildenhall, Suffolk.
2018 Training dates:
• September 24th - 28th: Trip to China
• October 4th: DJB HQ, Suffolk
"Accelerometers, the truth and more."
Includes course notes, lunch and refreshments and a factory tour showing the intricate processes involved in creating an accelerometer.
• October 15th - 19th: Trip to USA
• November 7th: DJB present at The Mira Technology Institute, Warwickshire
"Accelerometers, the truth and more."
Includes course notes. This is a brand new purpose-built building with an aim to develop industry essential skills for both students and employers in the automotive/transport sectors. DJB will be one of the first to present here.
• November 13th: DJB & Prosig offer combined training from sensor through to DAQ, Fareham, Nr. Portsmouth
"Accelerometer to Data Capture & Analysis... The complete solution"
DJB and Prosig join forces taking a look at processes from sensor through to analysis software.
• November 21st: DJB present at The Northern Automotive Alliance, Liverpool
In our quest to make our training easily accessible DJB will be taking their presentation "Accelerometers, the truth and more" to Liverpool. Course notes will be included. We encourage you to come armed with any questions or queries you may have aiming to make the training tailored to you. (Booking for this event will be taken by the Northern Automotive Alliance)
Who should attend?
This course is aimed at existing accelerometer users, engineers, new users, specifiers and product designers from automotive, aerospace, industrial and sports science applications providing a refreshing view on how to avoid error, maintaining accurate data results.
The course covers a range of topics including:
- Principles of operation - materials and the Piezoelectric effect.
- Accelerometer types and selection - Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems as well as pros and cons of accelerometers.
- Importance of correct cable use - low noise or non low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, triboelectric noise, cable fixing, connectors and noise floor.
- Mounting methods and which to use - stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation and ground loops.
- Associated Instrumentation - Charge Amplifiers, IEPE Signal Conditioning and Data Acquisition
"The training was comprehensive and informative, having seen an accelerometer constructed it has improved our understanding of the technology that we use to test many of our products..."
"I found the course very interesting and feel it gave me some very useful information and turned me into a far more conscious accelerometer user."
"The presentations themselves were excellent, detailing the basics all the way up to the advanced concepts has given me a lot to think about in our own internal setup. The presenters were knowledgeable and were always keen to answer questions, even on specialist or challenging topics."
For those that may not be able to make a particular training date or location, we do also offer on site visits able to tailor training and technical advice to suit.
Anyone interested in attending a training event or who would like to discuss having the training presented on site should contact us to discuss options.
Please contact us to discuss options to suit.
Further Information / Booking
If you have and questions or would like to know more about our training and how we can help you please get in touch
Join up for our monthly e-newsletter to keep up to date with the latest at DJB