As the only UK Manufacturer of Accelerometers in the Test & Measurement sector, we feel it is essential that we use our experience and knowledge to improve the understanding of correct accelerometer selection and use, as this forms the basis of any measurement and analysis strategy.
We run training courses throughout the year at a number of regional venues including our factory HQ in Mildenhall, Suffolk.
UK Training dates for 2017:
February Wednesday 22nd NOW FULL
April Wednesday 19th FULL
June Thursday 8th - We have teamed up with Prosig for a new training opportunity and will be held in Leicester.
"Accelerometers through to data capture and analysis...The complete solution" Click here for further details
November Wednesday 8th
"The training was comprehensive and informative, having seen an accelerometer constructed it has improved our understanding of the technology that we use to test many of our products..."A recent delegate from the automotive industry
The course covers a range of topics including:
- Principles of operation - materials and the Piezoelectric effect.
- Accelerometer types and selection - Construction, charge output, IEPE, temperature effects, mass loading, sensitivity, common problems as well as pros and cons of accelerometers.
- Importance of correct cable use - low noise or non low noise, what happens if you get it wrong, signal loss, triboelectric noise, cable fixing, connectors and noise floor.
- Mounting methods and which to use - stud, wax, adhesive, magnets, tape, which and why, isolation and ground loops.
- Associated Instrumentation - Charge Amplifiers, IEPE Signal Conditioning and Data Acquisition
We also offer courses at customer sites for those that have larger delegate groups, usually 6+ delegates. Just one way we can help you to benefit more staff also avoiding the logistics of travel.
Not based in the UK? Not a problem we have distributors who are proficient in what DJB can offer and how we can make things work for you. The best thing to do is simply ask and we'll see how best we can help.
Anyone interested in attending a training event or who would like to discuss having the training presented on site should contact us to discuss options